Family Violence Hub
1800RESPECT is a counselling, information, and referral service for all Australians, including:
- People who don't speak English
- People who find it easier to speak through an interpreter or translator
- People who are blind or vision impaired
- People who are deaf or hearing impaired
- People who don't speak or have difficulty with speech
- 24/7 Crisis phone Support - contact available 24/7 phone line any time of the day or night for family violence specialists support and to find safety from domestic abuse.
- Safety Planning - can help explore safety options, create a safety plan, and put in place safety measures to help reduce risk including access to aids, support, or equipment.
- Information for family and friends - if a loved one is worried someone they know or care about is experiencing family violence, this is the place for help and support for them.
GenWest (formerly know as Women’s Health West) is the women’s health service for the western metropolitan region of Melbourne. Their health promotion and primary prevention program plans and implements activities designed to promote women’s health, safety and wellbeing across three key areas – sexual and reproductive health, mental health, and prevention of violence against women. Family violence service provides women and children with the range of services they require while in crisis – such as court support, crisis housing and case management – through to services designed to promote healing and recovery, such as children’s counselling. Work collaboratively with communities, government and local agencies, and provide secondary consultation for health, community and other service providers.
- 1800 RESPECT
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Seniors Rights Victoria
- North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network